Kimberly Crest offers Ovariohysterectomy (Spay) and Neuter procedure services. We utilize the same safety precautions with our elective procedures as our extensive procedures to provide that extra margin of safety and help minimize unseen risks.
Reasons to Spay your pet:
* Spaying prevents uterine infections and mammary (breast) cancers. Spaying your pet before the first heat offers the best protection.
* No messy heat cycles!
* Helps fight pet overpopulation. A litter of puppies/kittens costs hundreds of dollars if cared for correctly, and this is before they are weaned.
Reasons to Neuter your pet:
* Neutering prevents testicular cancer
* Decreases roaming behavior, intact males will do anything to find a mate!
* Decreases/Eliminates marking of territory
* Can decrease/prevent aggressive behavior
Laparoscopic Spay (Ovariectomy)
Laparoscopic surgery is a state of the art surgical technique available at Kimberly Crest. This is an alternative to the traditional open surgical technique. Although the surgery can be performed on dogs and cats of any size, it is especially indicated for dogs weighting over twenty pounds at the time of the spay surgery.
Advantages of Laparscopic surgery include:
- Small incisions, minimally invasive
- Minimizes pain
- Minimizes bleeding
- Minimizes exercise restriction
- Rapid recovery, no overnight stay